Pages

Tuesday 9 January 2018

A Decade Of Sport - Summer Learning Journey


~A Decade Of Sport~

Image result for richie mccaw

Something that I learnt from the trailer of Richie McCaw's 'Chasing Great' was...

Richie McCaw rewatches the games that he has played in,
Some people have called him the greatest of all time for playing rugby,
The first time he realised who the All Blacks were, was when he watched the 87 World Cup.

~Activity 2~

Image result for eliza mccartney

My sporting hero is Eliza McCartney.
She is the Bronze Medal Champion of pole vaulting in the 2016 Olympics.


~🌹🌺~

1 comment:

  1. Jumbo Danielle,
    my name is Cia. I am a Ako Hiko Summer Learning Journey commentator who will be working with various bloggers over the summer break.

    Activity 1:
    You’ve shared some interesting things you’ve learned about Richie Mccaw, I definitely learned a few new things from reading your post, thanks for that. Have you thought about why some might consider him to be the greatest rugby player of all time? Researching his sporting accomplishments might help you answer that.

    Is there anything you’d like to ask Richie? I would ask whether he’d ever come back to rugby someday. I wonder if he’ll consider coaching a team..

    Activity 2:
    Your presentation really shows how much you appreciate Eliza McCartney, well done on providing a great paragraph showcasing her accomplishments as an athlete. Perhaps next time you could include a video or article of her in action. Do you play a sport?

    One of my favourite kiwi athletes is Dame Valerie Adams, her dedication to training and her sport is amazing. I felt privileged to able to watch her progress and successes at each of the olympics games she competed in. Did you follow any other athletes that competed in the 2016 Rio Olympic Games?

    I look forward to reading more of your work, keep it up!

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i ('See you again' in Samoan),

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete