Pages

Thursday 11 January 2018

Contemporary Entertainment - Part 2 Summer Learning Journey


~Contemporary Entertainment~

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
farmer.jpg
Did you know that the longest running television show in New Zealand history is a programme called ‘Country Calendar’? It started on 6 March 1966 and has been running ever since. The programme includes stories of everyday New Zealanders, many of whom are farmers.


Watch this short clip from Country Calendar. What do you think would be the most interesting and/or challenging things about being a farmer? Would you would like to be a farmer when you are older. Why/why not? Give us, at least, two reasons to support your answer.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I think that the hardest/most chellenging thing about being a farmer would be managing crops.
I would not like to be a farmer when I get older because I don't like getting dirt under my nails and I
don't think I would like mowing lawns which you have to do to manage your farm and 
prevent the grass from overgrowing, which I am mildly allergic to grass.

~🌹🌺~

1 comment:

  1. Hi Danielle,

    That is indeed a very challenging thing about being a farmer, I don’t think I’d have the energy and patience to manage crops.. You provided some good reasons concerning your choice of not wanting to be a farmer, it’s unfortunate that you have a mild allergy to grass. Had you thought about any other responsibilities farmers have? I wonder if physical labour is the only part of their work..

    I wouldn’t want to be a farmer because it isn’t one of my passions, my passions in visual art and writing are a part of my job as a teacher already so I’m lucky!

    Keep up the great work and enjoy the rest of your holiday!

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete