Pages

Thursday 21 December 2017

Hitting A High Note - Summer Learning Journey


~Hitting a High Note~

Summer Learning Journey


This activity for Summer Learning Journey was about Maori Waiatas.
My favourite Waiata is Pokarekare Ana, and I like it because it is a love song that was made during World War 1.


~ACTIVITY 2~

The game that I chose is Poi Rakau.
The purpose of Poi Rakau is to to improve hand eye coordination, it was originally for training for warriors. 2 of the guidelines from this game is:
1. The catcher must catch with the opposite hand of the person in the middle.
2. There must be a person in the middle to start the game.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Danielle,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team! It's great to see that you've been working through these activities. Well done! Keep it up! :)

    Activity 1: Pokarekare Ana is a beautiful waiata. I always enjoy listening to it. Do you know what the words mean? You're right that it is a love song but I wonder what it is saying.

    Activity 2: Poi Rakau is lots of fun! You've done a great job of telling us how you play and what the game is about. Have you ever played it before? I have played it a few times and it's always a lot of fun. Because it's about hand-eye coordination I'm quite good at it. If it's a game that includes running, I'm never any good!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete