Pages

Monday 25 December 2017

The Early Years - SLJ Part 2


~The Early Years~
Image result for kate sheppard
Kate Sheppard, the woman who made NZ the first contry to allow women the right to vote.
Aka, the woman on the Ten Dollar note.
Image result for kate sheppard

What I think about the fact that women in Saudi Arabia weren't legally allowed to vote until 2015
is that it's not a good idea because all women should have rights, and everyone's vote should count. I think it is not fair because we're not living in the days where women stay home and clean while men go to work and earn all of the money.

~BONUS ACTIVITY~



I felt sad when I read the poem about Flanders Field because I thought of all of the
soldiers that died in the war fighting for freedom in our country, but I also feel happy and lucky because we have a safe and free country with a government that is not corrupt.

I liked this poem very much and I think that it is very creative and beautiful,
but also has a meaning behind it.

Come Back Soon!
~🌹🌺~

1 comment:

  1. Hi Danielle!

    It's great to see you've done so many activities over your break, and done such a great job of them!

    These are some good thoughts. You're right, it is a beautiful poem with a meaning that speaks of those who sacrificed their freedom so that we could have ours today. I think it is sad hearing from the perspective of someone who died on the field as you feel the sombreness in their voice.

    It is amazing though that we are now able to live in a country with freedom and not war. And we can remember those who fought for us.

    I always thought it would be interesting to read a diary entry from a day at war to understand what it was like... Would you want to know too?

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete